Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I've been so excited to post this all week mostly because of this skirt...i die. I've seen this big skirt trend lately and I thought vday was the perfect over the top holiday to try it out. It was super fun to wear, I feel like I should create more excuses to wear girly dressy things like this. AND I got it on Poshmark! Its a website/app where people buy and sell clothes. It's really easy and there are lots of great brands and deals. If you happen to find yourself there, I am selling some of my clothes, you can search me "lindseymoir." Scroll below to see my other outfit deals and more mushy goodness ;)











Top: It's a dress from Foreign Exchange. Similar: here here / Skirt: Spiegel similar: here here / Shoes:Charlotte Russe similar: here here  / Necklace: old from Target similar: here here / Bracelet: Stella & Dot Want: this & this



So for those of you who's attention I still have.. it's Valentines day so down to the loooove. This is Nathan and I's 7th Valentine's Day... whoa. We were just 17 when we met. We chatted on Myspace, had flip phones, and rented movies from Blockbuster. Oh, 2007. So what did Nate get me for Vday 7 Februarys ago? A hand written card on notebook paper complete with original poem. (that I still have) It's equally corny and adorable and I will keep it forever. Okay, so Nathan and I are normally very private people. ( I am private, he is so so so private) You may be wondering, "what the heck are you doing blogging?" "And blogging about your relationship?" right? I know. Because it is time (lion king reference) to let you in and share the glue that's held this love story together. So here is the truth, what we have is all those completely ridiculously annoying mushy cliches'. The day we met there was just something between us. I had miles & miles of thick walls up and he just walked through them, because there was no stopping whatever this is. There are many people who can attest to this, one day we didn't know each other and the next we were inseparable and have been ever since. It can only be explained by the corny theory of soul mates or expressions like, " I feel like I've known him my whole life," or "when you know you know." But, as corny and annoying as that all is, its the truth. Without him i wouldn't get up in the morning, or know who I am. I would have never accomplished what I already have and I definitely would have never started this blog. I would have never spoken it out loud. I have a dream, to have a blog about me and my fashion and my life. I only did because he once told me, " I want to be there when you find what you're passionate about, because that's how we'll stay close, if I'm there." ...swoon... There is someone in this world that wants to be a part of my passion. There is someone who cares that I am fulfilled and wants to see me come to life...swoon...And it didn't matter to him what my passion was. If I was passionate about painting lines on football fields for a living (an actual job) he would love me and support me exactly the same. He loves me so effortlessly, it is worth more than I can ever tell you, to have complete unconditional acceptance.. its all the human species hopes for. So now you know our beginnings, why we've made it this far despite his piles of clothes on the floor and my inability to correctly squeeze out toothpaste. I am so completely lucky to have someone in this life that "gets me" and likes it! 7 years later...I have never been so loved. And since he never read this before today, thank you babe for everything, I so clearly and publicly love you.

I apologize for such a long post, I am just sentimental and mushy. Thank you for letting me share, and for stopping by. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!



Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin