Wednesday, August 6, 2014
So today's post is very different. To start off my 25th year I wanted to answer some questions my readers had in the spirit of openness & honesty. Around the time I started this blog in February I was extremely unhappy. In pretty much every way someone could be. This blog was the beginning of a huge change in my life. Logistically not much is different, but my perspective on life has changed dramatically. When they say that perspective is reality it is completely true.I feel so fortunate to have found something in my life that has been so positive and that I get to share it with all of you!
So here they are! the answers to your questions!
1 & 2. What or Who inspired you to start blogging- and what is your favorite part about it?
- There were a lot of bloggers that influenced my decision to start a blog but by far the most influential are Cara from Cara Loren and Natalie from Hey Natalie Jean. Both these ladies are super unique and I loved following their stories for different reasons. I love Cara's fashion blogging and how sweet she is and Natalie is like the realest person and I love her lifestyle blogging ( and her son is the most adorable thing). I am trying to merge the styles of the two, fashion related yet personable and about my life. As for the second part of the question, what I love the most about blogging is that it is an ever growing and ever changing medium because it's about me! I love that it is completely my creation that I can do with whatever I want. There are no rules, I am the boss. I love that it has brought out a creativeness in me and on multiple occasions, allowed me to reach outside my box and challenge myself. I love that it is MY space and at the end of the day no matter what I am so proud of it.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
This is hard! Somewhere with history like Rome or Egypt. Since I was a kid I have this complete nerdy side for anything historical. My ideal day at home is lying around watching national geographic or historical documentaries on Netflix while DIYing. So I would love to travel somewhere that I could experience some of that!
4&5. Who does your hair Do you wear extensions?
Shelly Roth . I LOVE my hair every time I get it done, she really listens to my vision. She is so sweet I never mind spending a few hours with her. Her space is now located in El Segundo! And no I don't my hair is all natural.
6. What are you most proud of in life?
This blog! Hands down. I have never put myself out there before now to really allow people to get to know me. For a long time I think I closed myself off from having close relationships because vulnerability is uncomfortable and I felt that I had been burned a lot in life. But after I started this blog I have seen a new openness in many areas of my life that didn't exist before and it makes me so happy. It was the best decision I have made for myself.
7. What tanning products do you use?
I use Million Dollar Tan products or get spray tans. I have tanned in beds but I am terrified of wrinkles and the lotions makes me breakout.
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I will be 30! Oh my goodness. I don't know honestly. I think in the past I have set myself up for failure by putting expectations and timelines on my life. When the picture of life how I imagined in my head didn't work out exactly the way I thought, it was really hard. So I have learned its better to just go with it. haha I HOPE that I am happy and healthy surrounded by people I love. What more could you ask for right?
9. How has blogging been so far?
Blogging has been great. It has been such a positive experience in my life, I love doing it. There are some tricky logistical things that are difficult like website nonsense & TIME. But even with those things I love doing it!
10. What is your work out routine?
HA! Wellll I try and follow the bikini body challenge from The Super Sisters . When you sign up for a challenge they send you workouts and have contests on instagram. It's super fun especially when you do it with a friend. I also try running, which I enjoy when I get into it but it's hard to get started.
11. What is the hardest thing about blogging?
Waiting. You create a space for yourself to share with others but people don't come across your story all at once. It takes time to get people interested in what your doing, sometimes I just want to be like, "Hey! look at me! I'm doing something cool!" It will all come with time but I'm impatient.
12& 13. Why did you become vegetarian and how long have you been doing it?
For health reasons, although I do have severe empathy for everything so it kind of makes me feel good that I am not contributing to the factory farm situation. I've been doing it for 2 1/2 years,
14. Do you ever miss/ crave meat?
No. Although one time last December I was walking out of Ikea and no joke considered buying a hot dog because they smelled so good.. but 3 seconds went by and I was like nahh. It doesn't really cross my mind anymore because its been so long.
15. What do you use to edit your photos?
iphoto. I have attempted photoshop and it is quite honestly the most confusing thing ever.
16. When are you and Nate going to get married?
We'll see! ;) refer to question 8
17. What advice would you give someone who wants to start a blog?
To just start! There are a thousand reasons not to do something, but if you want to because you think it will be a positive thing in your life than it's worth the risks. I think I talked about starting a blog for over a year before I actually did it, and once I got it going all those fears went away.
18. What is your shopping weakness?
Chambray and stripes. I really love shoes too... but what girl doesn't! I try to be good any buy most everything on sale but there are certain things (birkenstocks) that I just need to have anyway.
19. Where is your favorite place to shop?
I think I mostly shop at gap, forever21, American eagle, and target (for everything!)
20.Must have piece for fall?
Nice tall boots! I pretty much live in them all "winter" (let's be real CA doesn't have a real winter) I bought mine all from piperlime and DSW. Start looking in September!
21.Favorite way to wrap a scarf?
I don't know if I have a favorite way, but I love the infinity scarves!
22. What's your diamond going to look like when the time comes?
I suppose it will be up to Nate! Refer to question 8 ;)
Monday, August 4, 2014
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes! My 24th year of life was both extremely challenging and extremely joyful. It was a year filled with growth. So as I shut the door on 24 I want to say Thank you Thank you to everyone who has supported me and loved me through both the high and low times. I am overwhelmed by the love I feel from all of you, I can honestly say that I have never been happier than I am today. August 4th 2014. Any blessing that comes after this is icing on the cake. Okay enough mushiness! I am so excited to share these photos with you! I love dressing up and being girly, I wish I could pull off this look everyday. The floral crown was a must! It was a tricky project but so worth it! Thank you again for all your love and support, I feel like the luckiest woman..
On a separate note: I am still taking questions to be answered on Wednesday! Ask anything you're curious about and submit them either here on the blog in the comments section, on facebook, instagram, or by email. I'm excited to share with you! Here are some examples of what I've received so far:
What are you most proud of?
What is your work out routine?
What is the hardest thing about blogging?
Thank you so much for participating!
Floral crown: Made by me with flowers from Michaels